GE 250 DIRECT HEATER
For decades, heating needs were met with open-flame, direct-fired heaters. This technology delivered intense heat at the outlet and converted 100% of the fuel into heat, so contractors thought they were getting efficient heating.
However, there were some drawbacks to the technology, and moisture was a critical one. Every 100,000 BTUs of fuel burned with a direct-fired heater results in one gallon of water as a byproduct. This moisture can result in mold and bacteria growth when used inside an enclosed building. Worse yet, the water vapor can freeze and cause work delays within the structure.
Safety has also grown to be a concern. Positioning the outlet of an open flame heater too close to a flammable object can result in a fire. In some regions throughout Canada, insurance companies will not underwrite the use of open-flame heaters in certain operating conditions.
Additionally, direct-fired heaters emit noxious gasses like carbon monoxide and dioxide that not only present health risks but also cause problems with concrete. Carbon dioxide gas will collect on the top layer of concrete, which can cause chalking. Plus intense heat from direct-fired heaters results in unwanted curling and premature cracking problems.
There are positives to direct fired heaters however, the first is price, being less expensive than an indirect fired heater or a radiant style heater. Secondly, they are much easier to set up and manage, there is no ducting involved and set-up time is minimal.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
• Approved for construction
• Built-in oil burner with Danfoss gear pump
• Electronic flame control unit
• Combustion air pressure switch (safety device turns off unit and requires a manual reset)
• No supervision required; can be controlled by thermostat, humidistat or timer
• 1ft power cord
• AISI 430 stainless steel combustion chamber
• Automatic post ventilation cycle to cool down the combustion chamber
• Fuel lines in hydrocarbon-resistant rubber wire-mesh protected
• Bayonet-type fuel tank cap
• Fuel tank drain plug
• 10” pneumatic wheels
• Single Fuel Line Kit: This accessory allows the unit to recirculate hot oil from the return line back into
the filter. The hot oil in the filter eases restarts and increases the performance of the unit in extreme cold
DUST AND WATER PROOF ELECTRIC PANEL